Let the party begin as we count down to Episode 6.01! We thought it would be fun to try something totally different and hopefully begin the new season of Hawaii Five-0 with a lot of participation from the Mostly Five-0 and Whump 2-Go peoples.
So… here is our idea. This will only work if you do your part!
We will sponsor an essay… yes, you have to write something… hear us out and don’t run away screaming that you can’t write!
We would like an essay from you answering the following question:
“Why I should be chosen as H50/Alex/Steve/Danny/Kono/Chin/Grover/or whoever’s H50 related Number One Fan.”
What we are looking for is a short – no more than 500 words – explanation of why you should be chosen. Your reasons can be serious, funny, silly, extravagant… or you can simply state your own personal, heartfelt reason.
All essays received by the due date will be fairly judged by a panel of three non-partisan judges who just happen to be uber fans themselves. The panel will judge the entries on Thursday, October 8 and the results will be announced no later than Sunday, October 11 on the blogs.
Did we mention prizes???
There will be a prize for First Place with lesser prizes for two runners up. No, first place isn’t Steve delivered to your doorstep. Sorry, but we aren’t that generous.
Now… this if for those of you who say you can’t write. We want your feelings as to why you should be chosen. Don’t be afraid to jot those down. No essay will be disregarded for grammar, spelling, etc. It doesn’t matter if English is not your first language. Write from your heart… or your funny bone or your sarcastic lobe… everything goes!
We want to hear from as many people as we can.
The Fine Print… aka, Rules of Submission
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries must be 500 words or less.
- Odds of winning depend on how many entries are received.
- Entries must be received no later than October 7 at Midnight EST, meaning before October 8 😉
- Send your entries to: mostlyfive0 (at) gmail.com
- You can paste your text into the email body, or attach a file (any document format including LibreOffice and OpenOffice is fine, also PDF)
- Winning entries will be posted to the blogs.
- If you are one of the lucky, chosen ones, in order to receive a prize you must send us a physical address for delivery of gift. We will not sell your address to the highest bidder or give it to marketing companies for their devious uses. (Translation: we will protect your privacy, and no one will learn who you are or where you live.)
- Everyone is eligible, regardless of your location.
- Entries are only allowed in English.
Again, we won’t judge your grammar or spelling. This is not a contest about who has the best writing.
- Do NOT post it in the comments!